If I cared about football, I would be crushed. Good thing I enjoy being in Cambridge and renewing my personal rivalry with the Crimson just as much as sitting on heat-stealing stone stadium steps being cryogenically preserved by a subarctic flesh-flaying wind straining through tear-blurred eyes to follow the blue jersey of Yale's quarterback, and then losing contact as he is pummelled to the ground...I still wonder, was it cold-induced de ja vu the fifth time I saw that happen?
I'm now 0 for 6. Wonder if I'll ever see my Elis win a game...maybe my red hair is hexing our team...perhaps I'll have to wait for the grays to start growing in. Or I could shave my head. I'm pretty sure Walker would not like that idea, though.
More to come!
3 comments:
BYU lost to Utah this weekend too. It's never easy. Cryogenically preserved, huh? Sounds cold.
There is no way to know if it will help until you give it a try ... shaving your head, that is! Sorry about the Yale football team, and your own personal cursedness. But maybe it is better to have an effect, be it bad or good, rather than no effect at all!?
Hey!! Just found your blog on your facebook page- you should update it! And, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! So thrilling!
Post a Comment