3.16.2011
Conspiracy? I think so.
As soon as I put Atticus down for a nap this afternoon, around 1:30, a series of seemingly coincidental events began. First, our apartment manager told us he would come to repair a few things sometime between 11-3. Great, except that Atticus often naps between 1-3, and one of the closets in his room needed repairs. So, I set up the pack n play in our room. No problem, just a little inconvenient. And much brighter than his bedroom. A few minutes after putting Atticus down in our room, whereupon he began to howl--which he never does except in a pack n play--the manager knocked on the door. I asked him to try to be as quiet as he could, which he was. In fact, he was not loud at all. What was loud? A car alarm that pierced the afternoon, bleating for a few minutes. Booming thunder, uncharacteristic for Seattle, accompanied by flashes of lightning. Oh yes, the hail that pelted down for 5 minutes. And me dropping a heavy, metal drain plug into the tub, in the bathroom that shares a wall with our bedroom. Twice. Loud enough to produce ringing in my ears. I think it was all a conspiracy to make sure Atticus would not nap. What think you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What is with the-powers-that-be-combining-against-nap-time anyway?? Total conspiracy, I agree. I've had too many similar situations myself, so I'd be foolish NOT to agree!
I love it when you update your blog! It's so fun to see pictures of Atticus and try to catch up with stuff going on with your family.
Post a Comment