Walker is gone to visit UNC-Chapel Hill this weekend. Atticus is asleep. I feel like a recovering amnesiac, who suddenly discovers that she does have deep interests in things that don't often occupy her time. Accordingly, I am (or rather, Pandora is) treating myself to a gorgeous Vivaldi violin concerto, a bold Brahms piano sonata, breathtaking Beethoven, and some surprisingly expressive Grieg. I only knew him as the author of Wedding Day at Tro---en, I forget the name of the city, and the Peer Gynt Suite. The 2nd movement of his Piano Concerto in A Minor (Op 16) is captivating. Very relaxing. But, listening to music without distraction is something I almost never do.
Atticus not only scoots and squirms, he now crawls! He began a little over a week ago, and now he is a regular pro, so much so that I cannot remember what he did when he didn't crawl. He even began to pull himself up to a standing position a few days ago. I discovered this when he woke up from a nap, and instead of babbling with his mildly insistent "aacck!" sounds, he was screaming. I found him standing on his crib mattress, gripping the railing, looking frightened and angry. He couldn't figure out how to get down. I felt bad for him, but the moment was too cute, and I laughed in surprise as I unglued his fingers and scooped him up. He has incredible amounts of energy and a very strong will, which he expresses so perfectly in his crawling!
Walker is consumed by his senior thesis. He works day and night, gathering and coding data, reviewing his interviews, coming up with newer and better concepts daily. I can't wait to read the final product! We are still in the process of deciding which graduate school Walker will attend. We have to decide by the middle of April, but hopefully it will be earlier.
2 comments:
He's already crawling?!?! WOW! Seems like you just had him yesterday. :)
Good luck on the Sr. Thesis. :)
Hooray for coming alive! It was SO awesome talking to you yesterday, I couldn't stop talking about it to Nick.
And when I opened your blog this morning, Mia saw the picture of you three and declared, "Walker is there!!" Whoa. Good memory, Mia. Walker must have made a good impression on her!
Post a Comment