Highlights of our day:
Jenn:
I'm starting to see how I can be useful in my job, but I don't have all the tools I need to actually BE useful. But, that will come with time.
A few weeks ago, someone stole the back tire of my bike. It was parked behind the apartment building, and every other bike (there are about six) was perfectly intact. Someone just happened to like my tire more than the others. So, two weeks ago I taped a sign to my bike that said "Did you take my back tire? I really need my bike! Please, please return. No questions asked. Call Jenn..." Of course, this was just a naive, idealistic hope. But, guess what? Wonder of wonders, my bike tire turned up today, lying right beside my bike! That was a miracle.
Also, at lunch today, two computer help-desk guys sat down at the table outside where I was eating. I happened to be reading my Book of Mormon. They struck up a conversation. Turns out that one of the men, who comes from Tennessee and was in the Navy for twenty years, knew about the LDS church, because his father was a member. I talked about my mission to Sweden for a bit. Fun to share a little bit with people about the church.
Walker:
Walker went to help the missionaries teach a lesson tonight. The woman they teach is trying to recover from some addiction problems. She is really very good-hearted. She even made some great strawberry shortcake dessert, which Walker lovingly bestowed on his wife.
Walker says HI! (he has been neglecting this blog, but wants you to know he is about to reform his ways...sometime)
Work continues as usual translating documents for the FBI.
2 comments:
I love reading about what's going on. I might just have to start a blog of my own one of these days so we can keep in better touch. I'm glad you got your tire back - how interesting. It makes me curious about the person who took it.
-Rebecca
OK Jenn-I confess. It was me. Yes, I took the tire. You see, I swung around Connecticut on a road trip with my friends. I couldn't help but to look you and Walker up. You were not in, at the moment, so as a "rain check" I took your tire so I'd feel obligated to return it and in turn take a visit. Turns out, you were gone when I came back so I decided to pace it just where I found it. It's a small world..........afterall.
Post a Comment